Nascimento Foundation partners up with BeyondSport on Racial Inequalities Award
August 30, 2020By admin
DRIVING COLLABORATION TO ACHIEVE GLOBAL GOALS
The Beyond Sport Foundation established the Collective Impact Awards in 2019 to bring together the best and most innovative organizations from around the world that are using sport to address specific UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs or Global Goals) – to facilitate and fund collaboration to drive greater impact.
If you are innovating ways that sport can drive sustainable, positive social change for Black communities in the United States, apply today!
The Sport for Reduced Racial Inequalities Collective Impact Award supported by THE DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation is for any non-profit using sport to support Black individuals and to address issues of racial inequity in their communities across the United States.
To be eligible for this Award, the submitting organization must:
- Operate in high poverty communities in the United States.
- Use a team sport to actively address social issues.
- Focus on youth
- Be willing to collaborate with other organizations, communicate and share best-practice.
- Be a registered 501 (c) 3 non-profit
- At least one of the key stakeholders involved in the delivery of this entry has to have been operational for two or more years (from date of entry) This means that the program, project or campaign can be new, but there must be an entity involved that has been established for at least two years.
Helping to shape the guidelines and guide the group, will be an Advisory Panel of subject-matter experts in addition to expert partners: RISE, a national advocacy group that educates and empowers sporting entities to eliminate racial discrimination and champion social justice; Play Equity Fund, established by the LA84 Foundation to support programs and actions to ensure all kids have equal access to sport and structured play; the Global Sport Institute at Arizona State University, which focuses on expanding research, sharing knowledge, supporting innovation and advancing education; the Nascimento Foundation, which harnesses sports and the arts to build and promote sustainable peace; and LISC, which is one of the US’s largest social enterprises supporting projects and programs to revitalize communities and bring greater economic opportunity to residents.
Laureus Sport for Good Foundation, along with providing additional funds to The DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation’s donation, will also act as an expert partner and grant manager on the initiative.